which fucking fedora wearing friendzoned nerd made this thing
White people in scary movies be like…
HEADLINE: ANNOYING PALEFACEBAGOFPISS TAKES A PUBLIC SHIT ON VIETNAMESE CULTURE BY USING ANGEL HAIR PASTA IN HER “PHOE” WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY MOCKING “ASIAN” ACCENTS
allow me to share some precious gems from her recipe:
- literally the only ingredients of the soup part are: 1. chicken broth 2. ginger and 3. garlic. THAT’S IT. like. she didn’t even use ANY spices??
- - -??? how do you call this pho if you don’t use pho spices. they are essential. ESSENTIAL. that is what makes it taste and smell like pho. it is 100% necessary, 100% non-negotiable
- "1/2 pound angel hair pasta" i’m too tired for this shit
- basil leaves? you’ve gotta specify thai basil (or la hue) or your white audience is gonna go home and make fucking italian ass basily angel hair pasta spaghetti drowned in chicken broth
- lime zest.. chill rachael
- braised.pork.shoulder. in pho. shredded pork. in pho.
DON’T watch the video if you don’t want to end up throwing your computer in the trash. a selective summary:
- repeatedly butchers the pronunciation of pho, calls it “phoe” at least 6 times, shamelessly
- when she explains what the hot sauce is she puts on a mocking asian accent and says “SRIRACHAAA” WITH THAT BUCKTEETH FUCKING CHINAMAN THING PPL DO
- "Trust me, if you’ve never tried it, it’s so easy to make a big beautiful bowl of PHOE. And it’d be so much fun for your kids or your friends. You can entertain with it. I like to put chopsticks in it and serve it with a slurpy soup spoon along side."
- —no. it shouldn’t be easy unless you’ve been making it for a long time. it should NOT be easy if you’re someone that CANT EVEN PRONOUNCE THE NAME OF THE THING YOU’RE MAKING ON NATIONAL TELEVISION.
- —even for my MOM, MY VIETNAMESE MOTHER BORN AND RAISED IN VIETNAM, it’s still a whole lot of work!!! i have been studying and practicing making it for years now and it still takes me DAYS to make. D A Y S
- —“I like to put chopsticks in it” oh do you? that’s just your preference? weird coincidence. huh
- —slurpy spoon
- —“You can entertain with it” “it’d be so much fun for your kids or your friends.” LISTEN WHITEY. YOU DON’T JUST GO AROUND BRINGING HOME PARTS OF OTHER PPL’S CULTURES TO ENTERTAIN YOUR BRAT CHILDREN AND UGLYPALE FRIENDS WITH. OOOOO THE ORIENT. HOW FASCINATING. LOOK AT THIS WEIRD SHIT THOSE CHINKS EAT HAHAHA WOW SO WEIRD SO ORIENTAL
(thanks to @sweetheartpleasestay for tipping us off on this)
Still remember watching this back in the day and reading all the comments calling her out
Yes. The proper way to combat racial slurring is with more racial slurring. I take as much offense as the next person when someone insults my culture, but I let it go.
I just figure it needs to stop somewhere. As embarrassed as I am of Rachel’s behavior, I’m more embarrassed by this blog of a response. I thought we Asians had more class…
haha while she pronounces pho wrong and uses weird ingredients (lol angel hair pasta sounds disgusting for pho) people need to chill out. It’s food, she didn’t murder your ba.
She called it phunky bbq pho, so I am assuming she is doing a dish inspired by pho. People have been experimenting and mixing cultural dishes for years on years. Many people love Vietnamese Coffee right? How about some tasty Banh Mi sandwhiches? Well we wouldn’t have gotten those things had some Vietnamese person not experimented and added some of their own background into those French introduced items to Vietnam.
So chill, live and let live. Some (probably clueless) white lady making her own pho is not a threat to erasing Vietnamese culture. There are over one hundred million Vietnamese people worldwide. It can survive someone outside using inspiration from such a yummy meal.
^RIP your inbox with angry tumblr pissheads acing like rachel ray personally shit in their cereal this morning
Lake Hillier, Australiaits
wtf is this filled with strawberry milk or pepto bismal or is this someones stomach1?#?!@$>!@>
how’d they get this footage of me
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IS YOU MAD???!
IS YOU MAD THOUGH!!!!??
IS YOUUUUU MAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDD???????
YOU MAAADD THOUGH!!!!! OOOOOOOOOO!!!!YOU MADDDDDD
HE MAD YALL!!!!!!
the best fucking response ive ever seen
i love the motion blur. i can feel the movement. so important.